Maximising the opportunity – 6 Top Tips!
In a few short days our Awards Ceremony will take place and the 2017 Finalists will be revealed to the public, to say we are excited is very much an understatement!
Without exception my absolute favourite thing about the awards is promoting all of the startling talent that we meet which is why I am now focusing purely on the blog. They say love what you do!
So I, Cat Shaw, Blogger for Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year decided to catch up with our PR Manager Sue Richmond (Seen right) and find out how our 2017 Finalists can maximise the PR opportunities that are about to follow.
Sue, with all of your vast experience in PR what top tips can you give to our 2017 Finalists so they can make the most of this fantastic opportunity:
1) It is hugely important to respond to opportunities quickly and efficiently, and in some cases, this is immediate. Last year we had to re-schedule our overall winner’s travel plans back to the South West to get him to the studio in London for a BBC World News live transmission, and the same with a category winner who was already on her way home, and also had to be diverted to a London studio for a TV interview.
2) Make sure you have plenty of interesting stories to divulge about your time as a photographer. There will be lots of opportunities for technical features, and the detail about how you set up your award-winning shot will be asked over and over.
4) Keep your website updated, and make sure your contact numbers and email address are correct.
5) Be active on social media, share interesting content, write a blog and contribute to photo and food blogs (we are always on the look out for interesting content for the Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year blog), so keep in touch and let us know what you are working on.
6) Be proactive and shout about your success!
- Premiering Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Tenth Year – The Royal Photographic Society January 12, 2021
- Life Changing Inspiration January 11, 2021
- Sharp Shots! Tips and Tricks for Young Photographers January 7, 2021