One Vision Imaging Magic
Since its inception in 2011, at the heart of Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year has been the prestigious Awards Reception and exhibition held annually at the world-renowned Mall Galleries, London.
Each year our amazing sponsor One Vision Imaging print, frame and then transport more than 140 Finalists’ images over to the Mall Galleries all in a matter of weeks.
One Vision Imaging is one of the largest professional photographic laboratories to be found in the UK. For well over 40 years One Vision Imaging have been servicing professional photographers and image makers with the very highest standards of processing and finishing.
So, today we talk to Chris Roberts, Operations Director, about how it all happens;
1) What process do the images go through from receiving files from Kathleen Codd (Digital Manager) to arriving at the Mall Galleries?
Each file is assessed for colour, contrast and density, and fine-tuned to give the best possible print. The files are then sent to the large format photographic printer, exposed to Fujifilm professional photographic paper and then processed through our 3 bath chemistry machine.
The prints are then trimmed out and mounted onto 2mm card. The double mounts are cut on the XY cutting machine to match the format of the print and adhered onto the top of the photograph.
2) What is the most exciting element of the process?
Seeing the fantastic digital images for the first time and then seeing them again printed and framed in all their glory.
3) Which were your favourite images of 2016?
Robin Goodlad’s landscape shot of the sun lighting up a woodland is stunning, and the image of a chef in ‘Flour Frenzy’ by Mark Benham is one of my favourites too – he looks like he’s truly enjoying his work.
4) Which category are you most looking forward to seeing in 2017?
The categories for young photographers are always very interesting. It’s great to see what is inspiring young people to pick up a camera!
You can see the exhibition and the work of One Vision Imaging at the Mall Galleries 26 – 29 April 2017, click here for more details. Or if you'd like to know more about what's happening behind the scenes visit our blog, 'The making of an exhibition'.
- Premiering Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Tenth Year – The Royal Photographic Society January 12, 2021
- Life Changing Inspiration January 11, 2021
- Sharp Shots! Tips and Tricks for Young Photographers January 7, 2021