Pink Lady® Hints!
Photo credit above: Jessica Joseph
Whether you’re an aspiring chef, a budding baker or simply enjoy shopping for ingredients and eating out, the chances are you’ve been inspired to take a photo of food at some point. Judging by the fact that there are more than 147 million posts on Instagram using #food, it’s fair to say that we all love to capture images of the things we eat.
But how can you be sure to get a good photo?
Whether you’re using a top of the range camera or simply snapping on a smart phone, make use of these simple photography hacks to take your photography to the next level.
“Great food photography is all about making the most of the available light and choosing a good location.” says Aspire’s Jenny Heyworth. “I’d recommend always using the available natural light in order to achieve great results. Soft natural daylight is guaranteed to make food look its best. The better your culinary skills, the better the dish will look – practice makes perfect when it comes to both cooking and photography. If your knife skills and plate dressing aren’t perfect then simply focus on capturing images of beautiful ingredients – you can’t go far wrong with something as pretty and natural as a Pink Lady® apple.”
Here’s Jenny’s list of top tips for creating and Instagram feed that you’ll want to share:
• Be consistent when applying filters. This will ensure your images harmonise with each other and become recognisable for your followers, not to mention creating a pleasing grid you can scroll through to remind you of delicious things!
• Avoid using the zoom tool, move yourself closer to the subject instead, it results in better quality images as your phone does not have a zoom lens
• Turn off flash before taking photos of food for natural colours
• Tap the screen in the camera viewer for an accurate focus
• Use the grid feature to compose your shots and straighten lines
• Keep your lens clean
• Keep your images varied. Variety is the spice of life. Vary the content and composition to keep your feed interesting.
We have a series of exciting categories for you to enter your creative food photography into, including a category dedicated to capturing Pink Lady® Apples and even a mobile photography category called Food Sn-apping in support of Action Against Hunger for all the Instagram fans out there!
To find out where you can buy Pink Lady® Apples to capture that winning shot head over to their website here.